This sensor physically connects to the pipeline and to the Smart Garden Hub. It can indicate the real amount of water irrigation at a given time, and we generate analytics about the irrigation accordingly. This enables more informative reports and helps detect suspicious cases in real time (for example, water leaks and insufficient water flow).
To set up a flow sensor:
1. Connect the sensor to the hub and install it on the garden pipe line.
2. On the Sensors screen, expand Flow Sensor.
3. Set the Flow Sensor Connected switch to Yes.
4. Select the diameter of your sensor model (3⁄4” or 1”).
5. Select the unit of measurement for displaying flow data (liters or gallons).
6. Click Save Sensors.
Once the sensor is in operation, flow data is displayed on the Reports screen. In addition, notifications are sent regarding exceptional events, for example, if the service identifies that irrigation should be working and there is no flow, or if irrigation is not working and there is a flow, it will send a notification.
For more detailed installation instructions, go to: http://greeniq.co/docs/GreenIQ-Flow-Meter-Brochure- English.pdf.