A rain sensor is wired directly to the Smart Garden Hub. It indicates the amount of rain at any given time. When it rains, the Hub skips the irrigation cycles.
A rain sensor is enabled on a zone-by-zone basis.
Important: If the rain sensor is turned on at the app, but no sensor is wired to the Hub, the service identifies it as constant rain and scheduled irrigation is skipped.
To set up a rain sensor:
- Disconnect the Smart Garden Hub from its power source. This is very important. Wiring the rain sensor when the Smart Garden Hub is connected to power will damage the Hub.
- If you are using a 2nd generation Hub connect the rain sensor to cable 2 of the Hub as follows: one to wire “R” and the other to wire “VCC”.
- If you are using a 3rd generation Hub connect the rain sensor to the Hub as follows: one wire to 5V and the other to S1/S2/S3.
- Open the GreenIQ app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Tap and select Sensors from the options wheel.
- On the Sensors screen, expand the entry for the Rain Sensor.
If you are using a 3rd generation Hub, select the wiring set by you in step 3 (S1/S2/S3).
The rain sensor now appears under My Sensors.
6. Click the upper left arrow to save and return to the main screen.
7. Reconnect the Smart Garden Hub to its power source.
To enable the sensor for a zone:
- On the main screen, tap the zone where you want to enable the sensor.
- Scroll down to view the Sensor section and do one of the following:
- If the required sensor has already been set up on your Hub, select the corresonding checkbox to associate the sensor with the zone.
- If the required sensor has not already been set up on your Hub, tap Add new sensor and setup the sensor as described above. Then select the corresponding checkbox to enable it for the zone.
3. Tap Save.