We work with three types of soil moisture sensors: Parrot Flower Power, PlantLink and Vegetronix.
These moisture sensors provide information about specific locations in the garden, enabling decisions about irrigation to be made on a zone-by-zone basis.
The connection between the sensor and the Smart Garden Hub is configured on the Sensors screen (explained in detail below).
Parrot Flower Power and PlantLink: These moisture sensors collect data and upload it to your user account in the cloud (not a GreenIQ account). GreenIQ fetches this data and implements an internal algorithm to determine whether to skip an irrigation cycle.
Note: The Parrot Flower Power sensor requires a Bluetooth connection to your mobile device. It then uploads the data from your device to the cloud. If you are not at home or Bluetooth is not enabled, the data will not be uploaded to the cloud. GreenIQ will identify that there is no valid data and will ignore sensor’s information.
Vegetronix sensor: After installing the Vegetronix sensor you need to set a minimal and maximal thresholds. When associating the Vegetronix sensor to a zone, watering is skipped if the moisture level is greater than the maximum threshold.
In addition, if the soil moisture in the zone drops below the minimum threshold, an e-mail alert is sent.
To set up a moisture sensor:
- Install the moisture sensor in your garden and connect it to the hub (as described in the installation guide).
- In the Native app, tap and select Sensors from the options wheel.
- On the Sensors screen, expand the entry for the relevant sensor. For example:
- For a Flower Power or Plantlink sensor, enter your username and password for the sensor in the designated fields and tap Connect.
- For a Vegetronix sensor:
- Tap the sensor connection (for example, Connect to S1) and define the minimum and maximum moisture thresholds.
- Enable the sensor connection.
To enable a sensor for a zone:
- On the main screen, tap the zone where you want to associate a sensor.
- Scroll down to view the Sensor section and do one of the following:
- If the required sensor has already been set up on your Hub, select the corresonding checkbox to associate the sensor with the zone.
- If the required sensor has not already been set up on your Hub, tap Add new sensor and setup the sensor as described above. Then select the corresponding checkbox to enable it for the zone.
3. Tap Save.