The first time you launch the 2nd Generation GreenIQ application on your mobile device, a wizard guides you through the initial setup process, including completing the sign up form, connecting to WiFi, and setting up your first zone.
Note: For details on setting up the 3rd Generation Green IQ application, see Getting Started - Third Generation.
Before you begin:
- Download and install the GreenIQ application on your mobile device.
To perform the setup process:
- Launch the app on your mobile device. The sign-in screen is displayed.
- Enter your username and password, as they appear on the plastic card that was supplied with the device and tap the Sign In button.
The first time you access the app, you are prompted to complete the sign up process.
- Enter your name and email address in the designated fields.
- Make sure that the address/location on the map is your garden’s location. If not, click Locate Me or select Not your address? and configure the correct location.
- (Optional) Change the unit of measurement for the water volume, temperature, or length by clicking the default option and selecting your preferred unit.
- Select the checkboxes to indicate that you agree to to the terms of service and that you agree to receive email updates from Green IQ.
- Tap Continue. A message is sent to the email address you entered above. Open the message and approve it.
- Remove the green cover, and then tap Next.
- Connect the Smart Garden Hub to the power supply, and then tap Next.
- Wait for the device to boot. This may take a couple of minutes. Tap Next to display the available WiFi connections.
If you are using an IOS device, you need to select the hotspot WiFi network.
If you are using an Android device, the application automatically selects the hotspot network.
- Enter your network name and password as follows:
- If you are using an Android device, connect to GreenIQ-<SerialNumber> and enter your network name (SSID) and password.
- If you are using an iOS device, go to your Wi-Fi settings, and connect to the hotspot (GreenIQ-<SerialNumber>). Then go back to the application and select your network name and password.
Your Smart Garden Hub reboots. This can take a few minutes. When the process is complete, a steady green light appears on the hub and you are prompted to create a zone.
Note: You can complete the wizard or you can select Skip if you prefer to configure your zones and programs at a later time.
To create a zone:
- Select CREATE NEW ZONE.
- Enter a name for the zone.
- (Optional) Upload and assign an image to the zone.
- Tap Next.
- By default, the zone is enabled. Click the button to disable/enable the zone, as needed. Click Next.
- Select Activate manually to test and verify which zone you are configuring, then click Next.
- Select ADD NEW PROGRAM to create an irrigation program for the zone.
- On the Program screen:
a. Select a scheduling option and set the scheduling details.
b. (Optional) Enable/disable the Consider Weather option.
c. Tap Next.
- (Optional) Select ADD A SENSOR. On the Sensors screen, select the sensor, then enter the sensor connection details as required.
- Tap CREATE ZONE.
- Tap Continue. The main screen of GreenIQ application is displayed.
For additional information on managing your Smart Garden Hub, see Working with the Green IQ Mobile App.